Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What if Starbucks Marketed Like a Church?

I think that this video does a great job of revealing how inappropriate, confusing, and unwelcoming many local church congregations can be not only for visitors who may or may not be Christians, but also for many Christians who even regularly attend a local church congregation's gatherings and services.


Let me ask you a couple of questions and I'd love to hear feedback:

Do you relate to this video at all?
Have you experienced anything similar at the church you currently attend or have attended?
Do you think this video is just completely out of line?  If so, why? 
What could and should be different in church gatherings, if anything at all?




I personally think this video does a good job of showing that relationships need to be more important in church community.  Relationships need to be built and fostered.  I think it also shows that for the current moment, the way most churches function and operate, sharing the Christian faith doesn't need to revolve around, "Hey, do you want to come to church with me?"

1 comment:

  1. "Deep down inside,...I know a bean has been planted."

    Very funny video. Strikes close to home.

    ReplyDelete